Disclaimer: This may be slightly depressing and TMI for some of you…read at your own risk of being sad and disturbed!!!
So Joel and I have been trying to get pregnant now for almost 21 months now (pretty much since we’ve been married). Well, this month we were almost POSITIVE we were pregnant! I had some symptoms, I had slight cramping (which my doctor said is normal if you’re prego) and most importantly…my PERIOD was LATE!!! That never ever happens to me. It’s always 29 days after my last one and always the same consistency.
It’s predictable and dependable, if you will, and that’s the way I like it. Now I don’t like having my period b/c it’s also extremely painful for me. I have a special prescription from my doctor for the horrible cramps I get. It literally feels like a hundred (or more) knives are being repeatedly stabbed into my lower back! But this month, there was NO PAIN! So that added to my list of reasons why I thought this month was the month when Joel and I would finally get that happy and blessed news we’ve been hoping and praying for multiple times a day! It makes me want to stay in the fetal position for the entire 6 days I’m on my per-per.
Alas…my body SUCKS!!! It apparently thought it’d be super hilarious to get my hopes up and play a mean trick on me! Joel and I didn’t want to get to excited about it b/c I wanted to wait until the week I would’ve had my period to pass before we’d take a HPT to confirm the happy news we were sure we’d receive. If I have to go through this I would really appreciate not having cruel jokes played on me. I’d much rather prefer feeling the bitter blow of disappointment every 29 days that is my period’s arrival.
Riddle me this…period being days late (remember I said it is always on time), BBT raised for 12 consecutive days (they say if it’s raised for 18 or more days you’re prego), light spotting a day before the expected period and continued for 3 days, boobs enlarged, slight cramping, extremely exhausted, PEE A LOT, I constantly have an appetite, and I just had a “good” feeling…wouldn’t you think you’re pregnant too? I’m just so confused and sadder than normal b/c Joel and I both were so certain June had been a “successful” month! Also normally right before my period, I just have a feeling that I’m not pregnant and although it’s disappointing, I kind of already knew so it’s slightly softens the blow!
So today at work I run to the bathroom b/c I just feel a “flow”, which isn’t a good sign for us. And I have a flow! Not like my normal periods b/c it’s usually a raging rapid, but still, it is not spotting or implantation bleeding (I research a lot)! This also made it sadder to me b/c I didn’t have Joel there with me. I was all by myself in an old stinky bathroom on the BYU-I campus. I cried of course b/c going through all this has made me way more emotional than normal (even though I was always a good crier). We obviously won’t be taking a HPT since Aunt Flow decided to visit me. P.S. - June was my last month on Clomid so I’m depressed that that didn’t work for us. We were on it for 6 months for goodness sake!
On a positive note: I do have an appointment with my doctor this Friday so I plan on asking him what the heck is up and why my body stopped following its normal trend.
Anyway, sorry for the depressing post but I needed to vent to someone besides my sweet husband who doesn’t know what to say to me at times like this. I know he’s pretty bummed about it too! Plus, I haven’t updated in a while on how the baby making was coming, so I thought I’d let you know.
Side note: I was laid off and won’t have a job after July 30th. So if anyone wants to play in the day during our last month here (August), let me know. I tell you this b/c this means no more doctors’ appointments for Joel and me to help with the baby making. We’re on our own now!
Positive note: We are saving to do an IUI (intrauterine insemination). So if we’re not pregnant by the time we’re able to save money for that, then we’ll go ahead with the IUI. We’re also planning on filling out adoption papers in October (we’ll have been trying for 2 years by then). So keep your eyes and ears open for anyone who’s prego and considering adoption. They say the best way to have a child placed with you is through WORD OF MOUTH!!!
Congrats to the Faanunu’s who recently had a little girl placed with them! She’s beautiful! We loved talking to them about their adoption experience. They’re great parents already!
11 comments:
How do you guys know Ben and Heather??? They are some of our best friends! Small world!
Hello dearest. You need to call your doctor's office quick and take a blood HCG test. I think you may have been pregnant and had an early miscarriage. If you've miscarried, they can add that to you medical file and have more information on how to help you two. I love you so dearly and my heart is just breaking for you. Can't wait to see you this week and give you an enormous hug.
I am sorry you are going through this Brittany. We'll keep you guys in our prayers. Miss visiting teaching with you! :)
Oh Brittany I'm so sorry. We are saying prayers here too. Remember you are not alone in any sense of the word. Love you guys so much!!!!
I love you girly tons and tons! It will all work out in the end! I know that for a fact! Let me know what the doctor says on friday!!! Hang in there! Your the best!
Brittany, I'm so sorry. How frustrating! I know there aren't a lot of things that anyone can say to make it any better. But we love you and you're in my thoughts.(And if it comes down to adoption, that would be an incredible experience - thats how I got to be with my family!)
I'm so sorry about everything! We love you guys, and I just know it will work out in the end, one way or the other. I'm sure this is the reason you felt so strongly about trying, and the best part is, you're both so young you've still got lots of time to figure all this out and be young parents.
Did you take your friend's advice up there? It would be good to know if you'd had a miscarriage. Helpful, I'm sure.
Loves, loves loves.
oh brittany- i'm so sorry you have to go through this. false alarms are THE WORST thing when you've been trying for so long- it's a horribly mean joke from your body :( i know it gets old hearing this, but keep up the positive attitude and faith. things WILL work out :)
Britt! I love you... you WILL be the best mom ever!
Brittany,
I'm sorry to hear about your struggles. I know how much you love babies. I remember sitting in comm law talking about it. I wish you all the best.
Love,
Julie
Hey Brit...Hang in there. I am still thinkning of you and praying for you. Love you girl!
Post a Comment