Pretty much the doctor just removes the root of part of your nail so that your nail will no longer grow (therefore NOT grow into the skin of my toe & kill me). I LOVE MY DOCTOR!!! He's awesome & a riot! Joel went with me to my toe surgery (b/c he's weird & likes that sort of thing) and watched the entire thing. I on the other hand, did NOT want to see a thing so I kept a magazine in front of my face. My toe is healing nicely now and I have my final "post-op" appointment tomorrow.
I just got to take off my silly post-op shoes (pictured below) but my toes are still pretty tender. Joel also had the "FUN", rather NOT SO FUN task of assisting me with bathing (b/c I couldn't get either of my foot bandages wet). Normally I'd say this is romantic but due to the circumstances, it was not pleasant for either party... it was ALL business! I definitely could've used tighter abs & harder buns in the bathing process... it was a pain and rather unpleasant. Joel and I are BOTH glad that's over (which is an understatement)!
Propping my feet up... Doctor's orders
(why is it that when I'm forced to sit on my butt & watch movies all day I don't want to? What's up with that? I usually never have a problem being a bum!)
This is what my Doctor calls "POTATO TOES"
(my toes aren't really orange..promise!)
"What do ya think about my booties?"
"What kind of sandals are those?"
(says one of the construction workers at my office)
You've got to be kidding me! That's what I was super paranoid about the entire time I had to wear these... is that someone would think they were REAL shoes and worse, that I chose to wear them!!! Come on, is my style that bad? (no comments necessary) Anyway, I thought y'all would get a kick out of my booties I had to wear for 8 DAYS!
A reenactment of bath time!
(I had many requests to see what it was like & how ridiculous I looked. Granted... me being clothed makes it less amusing!)
This is how bath time went: I hobble into the tub as Joel fills it up. I put each foot in the corner of the bathtub (like so) while trying to hold myself up with whatever ab muscles I do have. Joel holds the hose (luckily we have a shower head with a hose) with one hand & supports my back with the other hand... while I try to scrub and clean myself. Ahhh... what an ADVENTURE!!! haha!
1 comment:
Oh that's sad and funny. I love all the pictures! It's so great you won't have to worry about the pain anymore!
Post a Comment