Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Getting Crafty

My friend, Sadie is awesome! She makes the cutest headbands & hair clips. So she took the time out of her day to teach me and my friend, Katie how to make these AdOrAbLe headbands! I think they turned out fantastic. Katie & I used the same fabric so our headbands sort of match.
I really didn't make my headband b/c Katie brought her precious little girl over for Craft Night and I couldn't get enough of her. She's so dang cute! So Sadie was a sweetheart and put mine together... I did however make one of the flowers on the headband, so I'm sort of proud of myself.

After this crafty evening, I have decided that I need to do more crafty things... scrapbooking, headbands, bows, painting, etc. I ALWAYS thought of myself as a "crafty" and creative person, but I'll tell you what... I'm really NOT!!! I think my need for perfection hinders my creative juices. I guess it's something to work on it. Anyways...thank you Sadie for teaching us these fun crafts & Katie...thanks for letting me "ohhh & ahhh" over Adele. She's such a peanut!

Katie working on her headband
(Sadie did NOT want to be pictured)

Katie, Adele & Me
(ignore the shine of my face please!)
P.S. - Adele is 4 months old & just got out of newborn clothes

Sweet Little Adele
(she's such a tiny tot)

Katie & Me
(w/ our coordinating headbands)

1 comment:

Kristin and Mike Jenson said...

Small world. I know Katie too. We were in the same ward in college for a year. She is awesome. Your headbands rock!! You'll have to come visit NYC and teach me how :)