On March 2, 1987 I, Brittany Anne Seria Skousen entered this world. Born in Hartford, Connecticut! But today, I am celebrating my 23rd Birthday!!! I know it is hard to believe I'm 23 years old...that is a scary thought! Time sure does fly by. The truth of the matter is (and I don't want to seem pessimistic) that today is just like any other day. I don't know what it is...well yes I do...but each year my b-day rolls around and I get a bit depressed b/c it usually is just like any day. It is because (and all of you are aware of this b/c I have been informing you that it's my b-day for about a month now) I get soooo excited about it and hyped up for the day, my specialy day...March 2nd!
I don't want you to think that I'm not happy it's my birthday or that nothing of importance has happened, but I needed to vent...and that is the end of my soapbox for the day!
> I AM HAPPY!
> I AM HEALTHY!
> I AM YOUNG!
> I HAVE A GREAT HUSBAND & FAMILY!!!
So, I do have lots of gifts this year in that I have so many wonderful friends and family members who have taken time out of their day to wish me the HAPPIEST birthday one can have!!! And I am so lucky to have so many friends who are doing small things for me and helping with treats for my b-day party on Saturday (yep...I'm 23 and I'm still having a b-day party)! Embrace it!!!
So I don't know what Joel has planned for my special day, I'm sure it's something that will put a smile on my face & make me appreciate and love him all the more! I am so lucky to have Joel as my ha-bub! Already today he made my heart sing, as well as make me realize I'm pouting over nothing & should stop being a baby about my b-day not being perfect (b/c let's face it...it was never going to be perfect b/c I am at work!) So I was complaining (through text) to Joel about how I feel liked I'm getting gipped on my b-day and that it's just like any normal day...nothing special. And he (the voice of reason and love) said... and ladies prepare to say AHHH... "This is the day that the love of my life came into the world! It is a grand day!" My heart melted and I was grinning from ear to ear!
So the day is getting better by the minute and I am EXCITED that today is my birthday! I love celebrations and holiday! I especially love birthdays, whether it's mine or someone else's, which is why I make such a big deal about March 2nd!
I just thought I'd add a few pictures of my previous birthdays up here at BYU-Idaho! I do have a great track record for having GREAT BIRTHDAYS!!! Usually they have fallen on "Mothers Weekend", so my mom, sister- Amanda, and my little brother- Derek have been there to celebrate with me a few times! Goodness... I am blessed! Well...here they are:
This is my 20th Birthday!!! My mom is directly behind me, so you cannot see her. But my mom and my dear friend, Veronica have always made my birthdays memorable and so much fun!
This is my dear friend and old roommate, Becca! She is now in our married ward, so we still get to spend lots of time together! Love you Bec!
My 21st Birthday!!! This is obviously Joel dipping me...which I absolutely love! I do also love Joel's face in this picture! My friend Russell Jensen and I had a joint b-day party at the Pinnacle Security building. Yeah... we're pretty cool...only VIP allowed!
Left to Right: Becca, Amber, me & Olivia. I LOVE MY FRIENDS!!! As you can tell, Becca has rung in quite a few b-days with me. Her b-day is only 2 days before mine (but I'm older & have more wrinkles to show for it). haha!
My beloved little brother, Derek James Seria!!! This is a tribute to you dear one! How I miss you! See you in 6-1/2 months! P.S. - He is making that face b/c I kept making him take pictures with me & he was sick of it. I think he just thought I was ruining he game with the older ladies!
Well, today is and WILL be great! Sorry no pictures from this birthday yet! I will post some at a later date!





4 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! HOPE IT IS EVERYTHING YOU EVER DREAMED OF!! :-)
PS- My brother makes that face too... I usually only get one chance to take a picture before it comes out... gotta love 'em!
OH happy birthday! your blog is so adorable~ I cant believe i have never seen your blog before! I have to add you!
Happy Birthday Girl! Hope it is a good one:)
Happy, happy birthday! I hope it was a great one, you deserve it!
Post a Comment