On January 15th and 16th, our friends Rich & Shelane Tuttle invited us to go to their family cabin in Island Park, Idaho. As you can tell, it has taken me a bit to post about this fun trip we had. A few other couples from our ward came too, along with Rich's cousin's family. It was a bLaSt!!! Friday night was spent eating junk food and playing games. What could be better?
Saturday, however, was spent sledding, snowmobiling and tubing. I got to drive a SNOWMOBILE for the very first time! The video I'll post below is a bad portrayal of my driving abilities on that beast. Rich told me, if I could get the snowmobile up the hill than I could drive it as much as I wanted. Well folks....I did! I had so much fun. But I didn't drive as much as I wanted b/c there were others who wanted a go as well. All in all... a super fun weekend with good friends!
Evan, Joel and Cory woke up early Saturday morning to go ice fishing. Not my idea of fun, but they enjoyed it! I believe this was Evan and Joel's first time ice fishing.
Some of the group (left to right): Joel, me, Evan, Tiffany, Laura & Cody
Piling on the tube to go down the hill and over a small jump... I'm pretty sure Cody got the wind knocked out of him. Pictured (bottom to top, left to right): Cody, Joel, Evan, me & Tiffany. Laura is giving us a push.
Our HoStS: Rich & Shelane Tuttle (in both pictures)
Becca & me sledding....WIPE OUT!!! We were drenched!
Joel & me on the snowmobile! (Don't hate the hat...you love it!)
Top: Becca & Cory Bowen / Bottom: Tiffany & Evan Nay
Poor Cory couldn't join in most of the fun b/c he was healing from shoulder surgery.
The Warrens: Laura going over a jump (even though she was a bit apprehensive at first) & Cody cruisin' on this board-type thing.
Joel & me snuggling in the snow!
The LaDiEs (left to right): Laura, Becca, me, Tiffany & Shelane
Joel & me on the snowmobile. Like I stated before... This does not accurately portray my driving abilities on the snowmobile.
Disclaimer: I look ridiculous!
So the majority of us piled up on two tubes and headed down the hill. We did pretty well except Becca fell off & got a face full of snow....poor girl! On the tubes are: Becca, Tiffany, me, Laura, Cody, Evan & Joel.
All in all, it was a fabulous weekend. Thanks again Tuttles for being such gracious hosts! We had a blast!!! Also, it was the absolute perfect weather! If you know me, you know I had layers upon layers of clothing on b/c cold and I do not mix. Well, guess what? I pretty much shed half my layers and was just fine! It was sunny and pretty warm for that time of month! B-E-A-UTIFUL!!!
3 comments:
haha, what a hilarious picture of joel up there. and I can definitely hear both you and joel clearly in the videos
Thank you...I think?
that looks like it was so much fun- and made me miss everyone!
Post a Comment