Let me just tell you that everyone always told me the first few years of marriage are the hardest. All I can say to that is if this is suppose to be the hardest part of marriage (I think they're referring to getting used to living with one another, etc.)...then BRING IT ON!!! I cannot speak for Joel, but for me living with Joel is not difficult. We haven't had huge blowouts and life with Joel is pretty amazing! We love spending time with one another, always goof off and act silly and when there is a problem we're able to work through it with a fare about of ease (Joel is the voice of reason & I tend to take a while to cool down and say sorry). But really I welcome the future Joel and I will face together and love him more and more each day!
Yesterday to celebrate our 1.5 years as Mr. & Mrs. Skousen, Joel made a nice dinner and we had some good friends, Cory & Becca Bowen over. He made BBQ Ribs, mashed potatoes and homemade bread. It was delightful! Joel used the recipe from the Tyler Ultimate cookbook I got him for Christmas. Cory & Becca brought a yummy salad and made a cookie monster dessert (a Craigo's restaurant classic). While eating I had to watch the Bachelor (b/c I have a not-so-secret crush on Jake, plus he's from Dallas). Cory made fun of me and then he got hooked and didn't want to leave to do homework. Sucker!
Anyways, the point of this post is to say Joel and I made it through our first 1.5 years of marriage!!! We love eachother and are so blessed to be sealed to one another for eternity! We feel so grateful for the situation we're in right now and look forward to what the future brings.

This is one of the first pictures of us as husband and wife!

This is the most recent picture of us. (compliments of Maribeth)
Sidenote: I'm a horrible blogger. I love blogs and look and others blogs all day while I'm at work, but I never work on mine. It is a goal of mine to be better and I will really try to work on it. With all the time I spend admiring others, I should have the most amazing blog.
4 comments:
I love this picture of you! You are both good looking! I'm glad you love my son and that you are both taking care of each other...Mom Skousen
Yeah, I'm snowed in at the Allens! Good time to be because Brandon is out of town and these kids are busy-which means Laurel could use an extra hand or two! Mom Skousen
BLOG STALKER!!!
lol love you!
So true...we "celebrated" our 1.5 years today!! Time has floooown by. We are identical because RYan is the voice of reason and I'm the hot head that needs time to cool off.
Hooray for the Bach!
Congrats! I am so glad you finally posted something:) Hope to see you guys this weekend!!
Post a Comment