Recently, between mid-April and beginning of June, a BUNCH of our friends have moved away from good old Rexburg! What's even sadder about it is that quite a few of these friends left 3-4 months after we really started to bond and become amigos. Those who have left us consist of: the Broadbents, the Hagges, the Ryan Briggs family, the other Briggs (Andrew & Cassandre) & the Wheelers (just for the summer, but still not sure if we'll see them before we move).
Before everyone left, we had one last hurrah! First we went out to Olive Garden with a group of us buddies to bid farewell to the Broadbents, Ryan Briggs family, Hagges & Wheelers. Unfortunately the Briggs & Hagges weren't able to join, but Sadie & I made them these cute little "road trip" baskets of goodies for their move! Ah thank you...we're awesome! In May Joel and I went out with the Broadbents to the always favorite, Texas Roadhouse. Then at the beginning of June the other Briggs: Andrew & Cassandre left us to head home to California. So we all went out to Wingers and then came back to my apartment and played games and just had fun goofing off and hanging out, and of course...eating more junk food!
Kam+Mallory Wheeler
Paige+Kevin Broadbent
Olive Garden:
Wheelers, Broadbents, Skousens, Sabins & Bowens
Skousens+Broadbents
Goodbye Briggs! We miss you!
Wingers:
Skousens, Becca, Nays & Briggs
Cory & Andrew
We cannot control what we do past 11:00 pm
(yes 11 pm b/c we're married & we don't stay up that late!)
Luckily we still have some good friends left that we hang out with... when our schedules match up. We still have the Sabins, Bowens, Nays, Stanfills, Maynards, etc. But it's just sad to me how we're all slowly trickling away! Joel and I will be the next ones to depart Rexburg! Although we're excited for the change and to be closer to family (in the same house...you can't get much closer), but we're going to miss ALL of our FRIENDS!!! But I've made it a goal to try to keep in touch with everyone (a special shout out to those who have kept in touch with me)! I hate losing touch with people and so I'm determined NOT to!
Well we love our friends...those who have already left us, those who are currently with us and those who are back home in Ohio and Texas whom we never see but always think of!!! You guys are the best! You make living in Rexburg bearable!
SO LONG...FAREWELL...AUF WIEDERSEHEN....
5 comments:
We miss our friends back in Rexburg so much! You guys need to come see us here! We have lost of shopping besides our beloved TJ Maxx! You can stay with us and i will make lots of yummy food! Anyway, we need a phone date so we can catch up.
Too bad we still live here and have lost touch:( Sorry, we were lame friends. We wish you and Joel the best! Maybe we can still squeeze in a dinner date before you leave...
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!
We miss you guys so much! We don;t have any friends since we've been here in Nc living with my parents. :-( So sad.
Too bad Ryan and I were SO upset leaving Olive Garden. The "we;re parents" I think finally hit us when we were walking out with a histarical baby :-) At least she's super cute!!!
And come visit us in Florida!!! :-) We have a 3rd bedroom!
It's so true, our friends made living in Rexburg bearable! (I think the Bachelor Finale Night was one of my favorites...haha) We miss you guys so so so much!! And after you guys visit Florida, you can come to California and stay with us. Please?
Yay! We'd love to visit all of yall. Joel loves Florida (I hate it on the other hand) so I'm sure he wouldn't mind visiting. Joel is actually applying to UOP for dental school (I know it's in San Fran but it's still in CA). And Paige we're still wanting to go to LV before we move, so hopefully we can make it happen!
I love all of you girls! And Mal...we better hang out before Joel & I move. We leave August 31st! Holy Hannah...that's so close!
Post a Comment