Thursday, July 21, 2011

We used how much water???

This is your current water bill:

Service dates: 07/07/11 - 07/11/11
4 days?
Wait, we weren't even at the house during those 4 days. Yet, somehow we managed to use some 200,000 + gallons of water... In 4 days. Needless to say, I felt there must be some error. Still, having such a surety that there was an error did not help me sleep any better the night after we received this. The next morning, I, Joel (Brittany wanted you to know that it is I posting this), promptly called the Water & Sewage utility company. The response from the lady on the other end, "why does it do this sometimes." Apparently, this has happened with this company on numerous occasions. I say get some new freaking meters. She deleted that bill and set our usage to zero.

Turns out that the amount we were billed is the entire usage since construction of the house in 2006. 5 years of water and sewer usage. I must say that, though it gave me a mild heart attack and a sleepless night, I was pleased that it was as easy as a 3 minute phone call to clear it up. The new joys of home-ownership... What have we got ourselves into?

P.S. I am actually very excited to be a homeowner. I have a lawnmower. And, a garden!

5 comments:

Amanda Seria Cook said...

Haha!!! That is hilarious. Glad to see you posting Joelseph.

Anonymous said...

hahah, oh geesh! That is one scary bill!!! lol Glad it was an error! :)

MEGAN LAND
xx

Dee Paulino said...

how scary, the ironic part about all this is that the utility companies never make any mistakes in your favor.

My Life as Whitney said...

OH my gosh I would have DIED. We bought our first home almost 2 years ago and its a never ending project... congrats! And cute blog!!!

Whim Wham Life said...

Gah! Terrifying! Hope everything else with the house is smooth sailing:-) xoxo