Oh and I do miss the days when people PINCHED those who did not wear green and participate in St. Patty's Day! This is a bonus of St. Patty's that i truly miss. Why can't i be in 2nd grade again? Ah well...
This year I decided to make a "GREEN" dinner!!! As in the color green. I thought it'd be something fun to do. Also, I had about 1-1/2 hours to waste until Joel got home from work and I never cook anymore (or pretty much since I married that handsome+amazingly sweet+excellent cook husband of mine) so I thought it might be nice to have dinner ready when he got home!
Well, I did it and it was a SUCCESS!!! Everything was delicious and everything was GREEN! We had fun with it and I think I'll probably do it each St. Patrick's Day now! I feel a new tradition emerging.
I made/we ate...
- tallarin verde (this is a peruvian dish that is mouth-watering)
- salad w/ cucumber+tomato+real bacon bits (i know it's not completely green but come on...that would've been a boring salad)
- green beans
- pound cake+mint chocolate chip ice cream (dyed the pound cake green b/c i'm awesome like that)
- GREEN "mocktail" (ginger ale+sprite+apple juice+lemon juice+2 drops green food coloring)
just the salad...nothing exciting
this is what I like to call the "GREEN HORNET" mocktail
the yummy meal
Joel thinking, "isn't my wifey the BEST!!!"
(really he was complaining b/c I insisted on taking pictures+he just got home from work & thought he looked grubby)
pound cake+mint ice cream=deliciousness
ignore the shine & deer in the headlights look
HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!!!






2 comments:
You guys are to cute! that food looks yummy! Miss you!
This looks like a great celebration!
Post a Comment